New Heritage 4 Health podcast launched – see here for more information
Heritage 4 Health is a partnership between Northern Ireland Environment Link and Healthy Living Centre Alliance. Funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, Heritage for Health is a social prescribing programme. For more information on social prescribing please follow this link to our social prescribing toolkit: nienvironmentlink.org/projects/social-prescribing-toolkit
Heritage 4 Health is designed to increase access to, and time spent on activities known to enhance individual health and wellbeing. Research has proven that environmental heritage and green & blue spaces are extremely valuable supports to human health and wellbeing.
It is widely acknowledged that being outdoors and connecting with the natural environment boosts activity levels, improves physical & mental health recovery, and enhances our overall sense of wellbeing.
Programme participants are referred through Healthy Living Centres across Northern Ireland and facilitated to help envisage their lives in the future with hope and positivity. It is anticipated that Heritage for Health will help people benefit from a variety of positive impacts. An increase in engagement with environmental heritage has the potential to increase visits, knowledge and understanding.
- 10 Healthy Living Centres across 5 Health Trusts in Northern Ireland
- Partnerships between Healthy Living Centres and a minimum of 10 Heritage sites
- Two phases of 10 sessions including Health and Wellbeing sessions and engagement with local environmental heritage
- 10 anchor facilitators
- Over 150 participants
- External evaluation of project
- Our ‘Heritage 4 Health’ group just had an amazing evening right on our doorstep.
- This project is a new departure for us, but these sessions have left us in no doubt that health and heritage are excellent bedfellows!
- Excellent Idea. Well done.
- Absolutely amazing day. Great participation from all involved.
- Fantastic day, loved all the history. Will visit again soon.
- Absolutely fantastic.
Heritage 4 Health Programme Coordinator – email@example.com