The Taskforce seeks to:
- Inform and influence the development of strategic planning policy (regional and local) and legislation in Northern Ireland to ensure a sustainable, integrated and evidenced based approach to policy making.
- Work with the Department for Infrastructure and Councils to ensure planning delivers protection and enhancement of our environment and contributes to societal well–being.
- Provide a forum to share best practice ideas around planning policy development.
- Promote the need for a high–level cross–cutting, strategic approach to landscape and land use planning, management and stewardship in Northern Ireland.
- Support efforts to integrate the natural capital concept within planning policy and practice.