- Introduction of a Climate Change Bill for Northern Ireland with legally binding targets to reduce GHGs by at least 3% annually accompanied by a budget to deliver these targets
- Funding of targeted research into climate change impacts within NI
- Diversification and decarbonisation of energy supply to increase energy security and supply and mechanisms to use energy more efficiently. A long–term strategic energy vision with suitable incentivisation is urgently required
- Ensure climate change is factored into the design of all new infrastructure, building to the highest zero carbon standards
- Raise public awareness of climate change impacts to encourage changes in societal behaviour
- Demonstrate that reductions in GHG emissions are compatible with economic growth and essential for Northern Ireland to access the benefits of a low carbon economy
- Central and local government should lead by example and ensure that the government estate is energy efficient and preferably carbon neutral.