The aims of Lough Erne Heritage are as follows:
- To encourage local heritage research about Lough Erne, its traditional boats and the people who built and used them.
- To publicise this research into the local heritage of Lough Erne and its shoreline, by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures and a website with a virtual heritage trail
- To encourage and preserve the skills involved in building the traditional wooden boats of Lough Erne
- To encourage and promote the use of traditional Lough Erne wooden boats
- To build an archive accessible to the membership and interested members of the public