The aim of the Trust is to promote environmental management and sustainable tourism which aims to protect and enhance the unique heritage of the Causeway Coast and Glens area. In achieving this aim the Trust will seek to:
– Provide strategic direction and implement funding programmes aimed at the promotion of sustainable tourism in the area
– Promote high quality visitor management programmes and the conservation of the natural biodiversity and important landscapes of the area – Promote greater understanding of the special qualities of the natural resource amongst both local people and visitors
– Help to spread both visitor pressure and the economic benefits of tourism more evenly throughout the area – Initiate research and monitoring programmes on sustainable tourism and visitor and environmental management issues
– Provide a mechanism to assist with the management of AONB’s in the area
– Coordinate an integrated approach to countryside management by the partnership bodies – Secure and distribute funding to assist in the implementation of partnership objectives.