NI Chamber and SONI are pleased to invite you to an in-person Energy Forum event on Wednesday 8 June at 9.30am.
The Northern Ireland Executive has set a challenging target that by 2030 at least 70% of the electricity consumed here must come from renewables. This means we need to more than double the current level of renewable energy generation across the region.
Planning will be a critical element in delivering these developments and the Department for Infrastructure is currently reviewing planning policy for renewable energy projects. With a collaborative approach the planning system can continue to play a central role in facilitating Northern Ireland’s climate change goals; and this event brings together leading voices from the public sector and the renewable energy industry to discuss how the decarbonisation of the power system can be achieved by everyone working together.
- Kieran Donnelly CB, Comptroller and Auditor General at the Northern Ireland Audit Office
- Natasha Sayee, Head of External Communications & Engagement at SONI
- Stuart Anderson, Head of Public Affairs at NI Chamber
Plus a panel discussion with:
- Tamasin Fraser, UK Director at ABO Wind
- Steven Agnew, Head of RenewableNI
- Gary McGhee, Partner and Head of the Planning and Environmental Law team at Carson McDowell