The Operations Manager / Interim Director oversees the operational activities of the organisation and is responsible for the delivery of high-quality services in line with the organisation’s strategy, purpose and values.
You will be committed to the values of Sustainable Northern Ireland (SNI), working with both funders and external stakeholders to promote and drive the organisation’s mission and objectives through effective representation, lobbying and campaigning.
As operations manager/ interim director, you will role model effective communication and ensure that resources are grown and developed, building momentum around the vision, purpose, values, and services of the organisation and maintaining the organisation’s reputation as a source of high-quality independent advice, guidance and information on sustainability.
The post is initially for 12 months (maternity cover) however there may be the possibility of extension, subject to funding. Secondments will be considered to fill the vacancy.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Policy & Performance – To be accountable to the board for the overall effectiveness of the organisation to ensure all services provided meet the needs and aspirations of SNI funders and stakeholders.
- Providing Leadership – Promote a high-performance culture, build a strong & supportive culture and through strong leadership help formulate policy positions, advising the board on public and political developments.
- Stakeholder Engagement – Engage in ongoing strategic networks, building collaborative & effective relationships in line with SNI’s strategic partners.
- Compliance & Governance – Enable the board to fulfil its governance functions by providing input, advice and guidance on all aspects of the organisation.
- Finance & Resource Management – Responsible for the effective oversight of SNI’s finances, providing assurance to the treasurer and board of financial sustainability with overall accountability for the organisation’s performance.
- Other – Ability to work flexible hours and travel throughout Northern Ireland and elsewhere depending on job requirements.