This course will provide delegates with an understanding of the construction industry requirements in relation to carbon management/sustainability and the current and emerging trends in this area. The session will focus on ensuring that delegates have a practical understanding of these topics and how they can comply with legal and tender requirements in these areas. Delegates will then be in a position to plan how their business can best address these obligations as legislative and tender requirements tighten in this area.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at the following people:
- SHEQ personnel who may be new to this area and are looking to find out more about the area of sustainable construction
- Senior management needing to understand what direction the company needs to go in, or what their obligations are in this area
- Bid writers who want to improve the quality of their response in tenders
- Carbon foot printing and sustainability – an overview
- Understanding your carbon footprint
- Managing and reducing your carbon footprint
- Sustainability in practice
- Sustainability reporting (including an overview of ESG requirements)
- Tender requirements in relation to carbon management and sustainability reporting