NIEL-ORNI-56DI Social Prescribing Evaluation Toolkit Online Launch
Thursday 28th July 2022
Time: 10:30 – 12:30
Registration Link: https://forms.office.com/r/2arQs15bBH
Once registered you will receive a Teams link to the meeting.
This event is the online launch of the Social Prescribing Evaluation Toolkit that NIEL commissioned Outdoor Recreation Northern Ireland (ORNI) and 56 Degree Insight (56DI) to develop for the NIEL membership. This Toolkit is an important step in building the case for how the environment sector and Northern Ireland’s wider natural heritage delivers health outcomes, and many NIEL members are well placed to implement or become delivery partners for projects and interventions that can address these dual challenges.
The aims of developing this Social Prescribing Evaluation Toolkit were that:
- NIEL member organisations have a Toolkit to measure intervention impact and provide robust, reliable evidence
- Staff resource within NIEL member organisations have the necessary skills to utilise the Evaluation Toolkit
- Organisations can demonstrate to potential funders that they have a tested M&E methodology built into project design when submitting funding applications
- Strengthening the environment sector’s standing as pivotal in helping to meet people’s basic psychological need for nature connectedness as a key pathway to mental health and wellbeing
- Strengthening the environment sector’s standing as pivotal in helping to improve people’s physical activity levels as a key pathway to mental health and wellbeing
- Being able to demonstrate the sector’s ability to deliver interventions to increase pro-nature, conservation behaviours
The online launch will include:
- A project recap and summary of measures included within the pilot phase
- Overview of the three pilots undertaken with National Trust, Ulster Wildlife, and Common Ground NI
- Key learnings from the ‘test and learn’ pilots – hearing from the 3 members on what worked and what didn’t?
- Keys statistics and findings that emerged from the Pilot Toolkit
- A walk-through of the toolkit developed and how to use it
- Q&A session
Pre-registration is essential and you should do this before 16:00 on Tuesday 26nd July 2022.